How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28383
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

im on intense prob. for drugs. i had two dirty uas and im

Resolved Question:

im on intense prob. for drugs. i had two dirty ua's and im being sent to a salvation army rehab for a term of one year. im a widowed father of two kids and one is handiecaped. i have a good job a home and will lose it all if i go to rehab. if i dont i go to jail for three years. is there any other alternatives so i dont loose job home and especily my children?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.
You need to see if the court will being willing to allow you to do out patient treatment. The court is going to look at what is in the best interest of the children here, being that there only parent has a problem with drugs. The court may find, it is not in their best interest to be left with you, so they may even send child services to investigate and look to place the children in a foster home or with another family member, until you are clean. You need to convince the court that this was an isolated event and that you are willing to get treatment. Try looking or an intense outpatient rehab or something that may even be willing to allow your children to go with you.
CrimDefense and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you