How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a citation for running a red light and no yielding

This answer was rated:

I received a citation for running a red light and no yielding ROW to a pedestrian in Reno, NV. Entered intersection on green and had to stop due to commotion of 8-10 crossing on my right. One person nearly moved into my path of movement. When I was able to proceed, light had turned yellow and then red as I proceeded. Officer would not give me a chance to explain the situation. No other pedestrian involved. The officer purposely wrote the wrong court date on my copy only of citation. Should that be grounds for dismissal?



how do you know it is a wrong court date?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My copy of the citation is clearly written in ink 7 April 09. All other information on the citation is in carbon copy. I contacted the court clerk to request an extension. She said her copy has the date 20 April 09 and not 7 April 09. The officer's supervisor Lt. Rolla said his copy had a date of 20 April 09 and not 7 April 09.



well, it is hard to get a dismissal based on what the court will interpret to be an "error" that is not material to the matter at hand. if you go to court and plead not guilty, and explain what happened perhaps, you can get it dismissed that way. much better to do that, then to give an appearance to the court that your only out would be an unintentional error by the cop - this way you can state you are not guilty. get a reduced fine, at the very least.

Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you