How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in washington state, my 18 year old grand daughter was charged

This answer was rated:

in washington state, my 18 year old grand daughter was charged with assault after a scuffle with another female.



thank you for that information - can you tell me what you would like to know in this regard, please.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I would like to know if the judgement is too harsh, can it be appealed by the court appointed attorney.



yes, it can be appealed - chances are if there are no serious injuries and she has no criminal record, the court will order a suspended sentence with probation - or it is also possible given her age that she could get a deferred adjudication meaning, if she is successful in completing any probation without further incidents that the matter will be expunged.



Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you