How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just had criminal charges filed against me for a 653m, subdivision

Resolved Question:

I just had criminal charges filed against me for a 653m, subdivision a misdemeanor if found guilty what is the most that can happen. I currenlty do not have a criminal record or ever been in trouble with the law?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago. has 653m.

It looks like 6 months in county jail is the maximum sentence but many times a person with prior convictions will be able to negotiate a plea bargain for straight probation with no jail time.
If you tell me where the case against you was filed I can look for criminal defense lawyers in that area who offer a free consultation and could advise you based on knowing more of the facts and their knowledge of the local courts.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Palm Springs Indio Court
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Correction right now it is just a misdemanor complaint, and so I am waiting arraignment. So I am wondering what can this turn into, and what is the most that can happen, I only left one message for this indiviual and I have no prior's.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago. is a directory of criminal defense attorneys in your area, some of whom offer a free consultation.

If you cannot afford an attorney you will plead not guilty at the arraignment and ask the court to appoint counsel to assist in your defense.

A first misdemeanor can often be plea bargained. As I said the maximum sentence is 6 months but I do not know what you said on the phone so I don't know if you are guilty or not. Please discuss this with a local atttorney.
N Cal Attorney and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you