How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 17yr old son was involved in a hit and run (attended) in

Resolved Question:

My 17yr old son was involved in a hit and run (attended) in Bellingham, WA. There were no injuries and he has apologized to the other driver and paid to fix the other driver's vehicle. Is a "deferred prosecution" an option? He did have a "deversion" for a thief charge in 12/2006. He completed all conditions and really learned from the experience.   Thanks for any information you have to offer.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



it is something to discuss with the prosecutor - if the other driver is satisfied with the payment for the vehicle get a letter from him stating that all damages have been paid and then ask the DA to dismiss the charges or discuss the deferred prosecution by putting the matter on an inactive docket and as long as there are no more incidents then this will not be brought forward.



Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you