legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney for 7 years
4622441

I VE BEEN CHARGED WITH INDECENT EXPOSURE X3, THE ACCUSERS DID

I"VE BEEN CHARGED WITH INDECENT EXPOSURE X3, THE ACCUSERS DID NOT SHOW IN COURT, CASE CONTINUED, DA RECOMMENDS DISMISSAL, WHAT HAPPENS NOW, OR WILL THEY LET ME KNOW AT OR BEFORE THE NEXT COURT DATE?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.
If the DA has no witnesses, ie the accusers, he should file a motion to dismiss or your attorney should file one. It sounds like since the DA is recommendind dismissal he will file the petition and you should be given notice before you next hearing date. If you do not hear anything before you next day you should call the court clerk the day before your hearing to determine if anything was filed since your last court date and/or followup with the DA and find out if the case has been dismissed or if you are going to have to still present a defense at your next date.