How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Licensed Attorney for 7 years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can I bring charges against my husband for harrassment and

Customer Question

can I bring charges against my husband for harrassment and or defamation of character if we are separated? He sent nude pictures of me to all our friends.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.

Yes you can file criminal charges for the harassment and sue him in civil court for the intentional infliction of emtional distress. I do not think you have a defamation case, since that requires him having made false statements that he asserts as truth that harms your reputation in the community. Sending a picture is not a statement.