How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David Weilbacher, Esq. Your Own Question
David Weilbacher, Esq.
David Weilbacher, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 335
Experience:  Criminal & Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Probate, and Bankruptcy
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
David Weilbacher, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I keyed someones car whom I was angry with. It was witnessed

Resolved Question:

I keyed someone's car whom I was angry with. It was witnessed by the person and she called the police. The officer came to my door and stated he wasn't going to arrest me but talked to me about it. I'm wondering what other repercussions I can expect. Can I still be arrested?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  David Weilbacher, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
If the person who owns the car presses the issue with the police you could still be charged. Alaska has a 5 year statute of limitations for misdemeanors.

More likely, however, you should expect a civil suit from the owner of the vehicle for the repair cost or the reduction in value of the vehicle, whichever is less.

Please press the GREEN "ACCEPT" button so proper credit is provided for your Answer. Thank you and have a good day. This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. It is also to give you general information and a general understanding of the law. This website is not intended to give you specific legal advice. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. We attempt to provide quality information, but the law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance.

David Weilbacher, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you