Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

What constitutes a parole violation in New Jersey

?...
What constitutes a parole violation in New Jersey ?
4/1/2009
Roger, Lawyer
There are many ways to violate parole. They include failure to pay a fine, failure to appear in court, failure to comply with community service or counseling requirements, violation of rules, committing another crime or getting arrested again.
I am being harrassed by a person on parole. Is this a violation? What can I do?
If you charge the person with harassment, and he gets convicted, it will likely be a violation of parole, thereby revoking his sentence.
He used hate words (an ethnic slur and a sexual orientation slur) in harassing text messages (I know it is lame). Will that make it worse?
It could. But, harassment is harassment. If you believe you've been harassed, you can file a criminal charge against him.
Roger, Lawyer
Roger, Lawyer