How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlexiaEsq. Your Own Question
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13568
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AlexiaEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i just accepted your advice regarding a seizure warrant on

Customer Question

i just accepted your advice regarding a seizure warrant on my biz account. you recommended i obtain a high collar criminal attorney but how do i do this without money as my biz checking acct has been seized! is there a way i can obtain pro bono help for this and how do i get this? if i can do this "in pro per", how would i do this? i have a friend who is a paralegal that can help me draw up the necessary in pro per forms.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 8 years ago.

<Hi inproper,


Actually, I didn't say you should hire an expensive one, but, I do understand that in general, it is very expensive by nature, to retain a lawyer. (I suppose I need not remind you after the fact, that you should not be mixing your business account with your other moneys.) And I assume then that you do not have savings, home equity, or any other method of emergent funds.


You should be able to ask the court for a pubic defender, on the basis that you have no funds and your day job is insufficient to allow you to pay for a lawyer in addition to your living expenses. Without having the file in front of me, I can not begin to tell you how to micro-defend yourself. However, I would start by going down to the court where the warrant was issued and ask for a copy of all the paperwork. Get your paralegal friend involved and he/she can assist you in the proper local method of moving to have the seizure reversed, etc. and on what grounds. There are no forms for this, they will have to be drafted up, in all likelihood. Have her look into quashing the warrant as well. This is going to take a lot of study and diligence, but people do represent themselves all the time, for the very same reasons. Get very familiar with your county courthouse, particularly the law library. Internet research can also help, and right from the comfort of home, at whatever hour. That is where I would start. Look under your states Criminal Procedure rules, for starters. provide the statutes/code, but is terribly cumbersome, I am afraid.


Good luck, I wish you all the best here. It is terribly unfair that if we don't have a bunch in the bank (and none of us do) we have not way to fairly defend ourselves against a government with endless prosecutorial dollars (relatively).



Hope this helps to clarify.


I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger and can not create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. If your question was in fact answered appropriately please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, in order that it be recognized as such and I receive credit for my work from the company. This will not cost you anything, if you already deposited to the company for this service. Your promptness is greatly appreciated. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you need additional related follow up on this particular question afterwards, don't hesitate to Reply and I'm happy to help you. And if you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks!




Stephanie Joy



My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advise and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you and have a great day.