How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask C.Cunningham Your Own Question
C.Cunningham, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 82
Experience:  I am an experienced criminal defense trial attorney, and family law attorney who has practiced in
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
C.Cunningham is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to get some things removed from my record. Is there

Customer Question

I am trying to get some things removed from my record. Is there a site to take a look at my record?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  C.Cunningham replied 8 years ago.



I would like to help you. I need to know in which state do you reside, because then I can give you the specific site for your help.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I reside in Glassboro,New Jersey
Expert:  C.Cunningham replied 8 years ago.


I would like to help you, and I am going to first provide you with the New Jersey Statute for Expungement, which is the process of removing items from your criminal record. The New Jersey Statute for Expungement can be found at New Jersey Statutes Section 2C-52-2, and states in part, "
2C:52-2. Indictable offenses

a. In all cases, except as herein provided, wherein a person has been convicted of a crime under the laws of this State and who has not been convicted of any prior or subsequent crime, whether within this State or any other jurisdiction, and has not been adjudged a disorderly person or petty disorderly person on more than two occasions may, after the expiration of a period of 10 years from the date of his conviction, payment of fine, satisfactory completion of probation or parole, or release from incarceration, whichever is later, present a duly verified petition as provided in section 2C:52-7 to the Superior Court in the county in which the conviction was entered praying that such conviction and all records and information pertaining thereto be expunged.

Although subsequent convictions for no more than two disorderly or petty disorderly offenses shall not be an absolute bar to relief, the nature of those conviction or convictions and the circumstances surrounding them shall be considered by the court and may be a basis for denial of relief if they or either of them constitute a continuation of the type of unlawful activity embodied in the criminal conviction for which expungement is sought.

b. Records of conviction pursuant to statutes repealed by this Code for the crimes of murder, manslaughter, treason, anarchy, kidnapping, rape, forcible sodomy, arson, perjury, false swearing, robbery, embracery, or a conspiracy or any attempt to commit any of the foregoing, or aiding, assisting or concealing persons accused of the foregoing crimes, shall not be expunged.

Records of conviction for the following crimes specified in the New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice shall not be subject to expungement: Section 2C:11-1 et seq. (Criminal Homicide), except death by auto as specified in section 2C:11-5; section 2C:13-1 (Kidnapping); section 2C:13-6 (Luring or Enticing); section 2C:14-2 (Aggravated Sexual Assault); section 2C:14-3a (Aggravated Criminal Sexual Contact); if the victim is a minor, section 2C:14-3b (Criminal Sexual Contact); if the victim is a minor and the offender is not the parent of the victim, section 2C:13-2 (Criminal Restraint) or section 2C:13-3 (False Imprisonment); section 2C:15-1 (Robbery); section 2C:17-1 (Arson and Related Offenses); section 2C:24-4a. (Endangering the welfare of a child by engaging in sexual conduct which would impair or debauch the morals of the child); section 2C:24-4b(4) (Endangering the welfare of a child); section 2C:28-1 (Perjury); section 2C:28-2 (False Swearing) and conspiracies or attempts to commit such crimes.

Records of conviction for any crime committed by a person holding any public office, position or employment, elective or appointive, under the government of this State or any agency or political subdivision thereof and any conspiracy or attempt to commit such a crime shall not be subject to expungement if the crime involved or touched such office, position or employment.

c. In the case of conviction for the sale or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance or possession thereof with intent to sell, expungement shall be denied except where the crimes relate to:

(1) Marijuana, where the total quantity sold, distributed or possessed with intent to sell was 25 grams or less, or

(2) Hashish, where the total quantity sold, distributed or possessed with intent to sell was five grams or less.

d. In the case of a State licensed physician or podiatrist convicted of an offense involving drugs or alcohol or pursuant to section 14 or 15 of P.L.1989, c. 300 (C. 2C:21-20 or 2C:21-4.1), the court shall notify the State Board of Medical Examiners upon receipt of a petition for expungement of the conviction and records and information pertaining thereto." ( West Publishing, 2009).

The website for viewing your criminal record can be found at I hope that this is very helpful. You can check for your criminal record right from this websiteI hope that this answer has been helpful. I would love to follow up with you. Please Press the ACCEPT button, since I have provided you with an answer and legal research. I also hope I have completely answered your question. I would be glad to help with follow up. Please press the ACCEPT button so that I may receive credit for my answer to you.
I hope that this will provide some of the information for which you are looking. I also hope that you will please press ACCEPT to ACCEPT my answer, so that I may receive credit for my answer. If you want to follow up with me specifically address the question to CCunningham. I would be very interested in following up with you. Thank you for using JustAnswer.