How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlexiaEsq. Your Own Question
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13548
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AlexiaEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my 11 yr old grandson says he was sexually molested by his

Resolved Question:

my 11 yr old grandson says he was sexually molested by his mother on many occasions. the parents are going through a bad divorce and both have said many nasty things to each other over the phone as she lives in a different state.i reported the sexual abuse to authorities and cps found it verified. they turned it over to a detective who said he believed it ,also, but then he changed his mind and finds it unsubstantiated. the mother that did this was in over fifty adult films and is an admitted cocaine user for the last twelve years. she also admits to sexual deviation in her past with her husband. she has put together about 12 pages of transcriptions which supposedly are from phone voice mails, text messages and live conversations with her husband. none of this was verified to even be true .she has evidently illegally taped live conversation and made it into voice message.who can i turn to so my grandson can get the justice he deserves and learn that what she did was wrong?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 8 years ago.


Dear senior,


If you believe you have additional evidence, or if you believe the evidence already submitted (including your own statements) will eventually provide the authorities with enough evidence to substantiate, I would speak to the police again (and possibly again, and again). I would also consider going to the country prosecutor/sheriff and or state DA.


You don't indicate how you know she has been taping phone calls, nor what would be her motivation in saving and transcribing them, but if you have evidence or the husband has evidence of her violating Florida's two consent law, why don't you try letting that be the starting point of getting charges brough against her. Mostly likely, the husband would have to seek to press the charges, as he is the only one who can state of the necessary elements - that he didn't know or consent.


He should also discuss with CPS what evidence they relied on to find substantiation (beyond yoru testimoney that your grandson told you - the detective probably believes that you are motivated by wanting the husband (I assume that is your son?? or no?) to prevail on the issues, including custody, in the divorce and so your own testimony may not be the best you can get. The father can file a Motion with the divorce court to disallow visitation with the mother (and/or put custody in him if it isn't already) and at best, XXXXX XXXXX


Finally, but most importantly, your grandson should probably be in some very reputable counseling/therapy to help him cope with and survive in a healthy fastion from this horrendous abuse - not only does he need it, but it would be hard to believe the allegations of a father or grandparent if they didn't follow up with their allegations by getting the child the much needed psyological care he needs.


Hope this helps to clarify.

I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger and can not create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. If your question was in fact answered appropriately please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, in order that it be recognized as such and I receive credit for my work from the company. This will not cost you anything, if you already deposited to the company for this service. Your promptness is greatly appreciated. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you need additional related follow up on this particular question afterwards, don't hesitate to Reply and I'm happy to help you. And if you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks!




Stephanie Joy



My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advise and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you and have a great day.


AlexiaEsq. and 7 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you