How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4500
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have been on probation for 5 years today. i am in monroe

Customer Question

i have been on probation for 5 years today. i am in monroe michigan. they violated my probation because i still owe restitution. i have been making payments but have missed a few. i am being told i cannot get anymore probation. How much jail time can the judge give me. I have a full time job and do hte best i can.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 years ago.

It depends on how much time you had suspended in lieu of probation. For example, if you received a 2 year suspended sentence, the judge can give you two years; if you got a three year suspended sentence, you can get up to three years. And so on.

If they asked for a sentencing date in six months, it is possible that if you pay off the rest of the restitution in the six months that the judge will give you a reduced sentence or not make you do jail time. I would check with your court appointed attorney to see if this is a possibility.