How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a hearing re unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle

Resolved Question:

I have a hearing re: unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle (my license had expired) today. What should I expect? What can I do to get this over with quickly and at minimal expense? I cannot afford a lawyer.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.

If you have renewed your license you can ask the court to dismiss the charge. If you have not renewed your license, then you may want to enter a plea of not guilty and request a trial in order to put it off until you can renew. Usually your first appearance is just to enter a plea and not a trial but it depends on how your particular court is run. It is too late to get a continuance so you need to be sure to show up.



If I have answered your question, an accept and positive feedback is appreciated. Thanks!!!

lwpat and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions