How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cedric Your Own Question
Cedric, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2899
Experience:  Several Years of Criminal Defense Trials in L.A. and O.C. as public defender and private attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Cedric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in 1971 i was convicted of a feloney in new york i served time

Customer Question

in 1971 i was convicted of a feloney in new york i served time ,i now live in california and now trying to find employment ,however with this felony it is so hard is there a way to seal or have my records sealed i have not had any other feloneys since
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 8 years ago.
Yes, there is, you say that you&;re leaving in California now.

It it was sex related, then it is hard to get it expunged.

If not, you may be able to get the prosecutor to 17(b) it if it is a wobbler (e.g. could either be charaged as a felony or a misdemeanor). Then you can file a 1203.4 motion in order to get your record expunged in California. <br /> <br />Where do you live currently and what type of felony with which were you charged? <br />