How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27012
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a victim impact statement can you help This guy assaulted

Resolved Question:

I need a victim impact statement can you help? This guy assaulted my daughter and has violated his parole, yet he hired a high powered attorney and has most of his charges dropped except for assault with a deadly weapon, the DA made a plea and for the guilty plea he has dropped the kidnapping, violating tro, 4 counts of trying to disaude the vicitm, battery domestic violence, I just dont know what to do. He has a high term of 4 years to serve in prison if he violates any of the credits they are offering him sentencing is on 4/13...Please help me... Thanks
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 years ago.



i can help you - is the letter from you as the parent or from your daughter - can you tell me how this has effected you and your family - is there counseling for your daughter, etc?



Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes, one session, she is pulling out her hair, all of our family is on the edge. they dated for a month 6 years ago when they were 16 now they are 21 and he was in prison all this time and he used to try and call collect from prison and we would just hang up, he found her at her job because she just recently went back after working there six years ago and thats where he found her....stalked her for a week and then said ok to his constant asking of going out. he attacked her after her friend has left and took her keys smashed her head into her car windows and strangled her to the point of unconscieness. We have pictures from the police dept and he totalled her car...its just a mess that they offered him one year and probabtion and treatmen...
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 years ago.



thank you for that information




Please know that this crime has affected my daughter and her entire family in the most horrendous way. We tremble at the thought of this monster having been released to the community after a five year incarceration. My daughter, I fear, will never be the same. I know that she needs to view herself more of a survivor than a victim, but this is something that is going to take time.


In the meantime, she suffers, we suffer, the community suffers on a daily basis. (Daughter's name) needs counseling because of this brutal attack by this man. Being the kind and gentle person she is, she agreed to go out with this criminal. It was then that he smashed her head into the car window before strangling her to the point of unconscieness. She is a neverous mess. She cannot eat or sleep. She sits and pulls her hair from her head. Who gave this animal the right to bring this onto my daughter and family? We are sickened by the fact that he will walk away, unscathed with a slap on the wrist sentence while we suffer day in and day out. We have become skeptical of people in general. The system has not given justice to my daughter for this unprovoked attacked.


I ask that you look at the pictures and ask yourself "what if this happened to a member of my family" What justice would you want? What is it going to take to realize there is no help for this man. He is a bad apple. If his last stint in prison did not help and rehabilitate him why would one year and treatment. He is unworthy to walk among our society. I implore you to take our sufferings into account.





let me know, if this is okay - you can add more to it - but you dont want it to drag on and on. concise is best.


i am sorry you and your family has experienced such trauma. hope he gets what he deserves and that you all heal soon



Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Hi Samuel: That is a good statement, But, can we mention what he did to her in the statement or is that wrong to do in front of the judge since he already knows what happened?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
We all are suffering in this whole process. I cannot sleep at all since this has happened and my ypounger children are terrified.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 years ago.



it is fine to mention that he strangled her, etc - keeping the focus on why your lives have been turned upside down and, again when you copy and paste it onto a word document to print out or copy verbatim - you can add that you have younger children who have been terrified by this.



good luck

Samuel II and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks Samuel! Have a blessed day!