How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I changed my address at the dmv on oct 29,2008 i ask the lady

Resolved Question:

I changed my address at the dmv on oct 29,2008 i ask the lady there as i applied for a new voting card if i could use my old one and she said yes so i went to my district and voted had to show my drivers lisence and voting card and my drivers lisence had my new address and my voting card had my old well they let me vote and now i have gotten a letter in the mail saying they have turned me into the district attorneys office because i voted at the wrong district can you go to jail for this or be arrested they should have caught this while i was voting
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Technically it is election fraud. Typically it will likely not be prosecuted. If you are contacted by the DA's office, explain the error. If they charge you anyway, you will need to retain counsel.
Ellen and 8 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions