How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34982
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If have been sup/to to court for working with an unauthorized

Resolved Question:

If have been sup/to to court for working with an unauthorized ss ID. what type of felony, and what could happen to me. the reason I took my sister in laws SS ID was because when I was looking for work under my ID#, I was denied a job due to the fact, I have Multple scleriosis, severe depression, siezures, parkinsons, psy. problems and forgetfullness. I here voices and Iwanted to work and the only way I will find a job was when I gave a diffrent ss#. but even like that the employers would see that I was unable to retain and remember the job duties and they would let me know and had to leave the jobs after 4 wks or a 90 day probation period. can you pls tell me what to do and what can I be charge for. I have a court date of 3/10/09, and interogatory before I go to court. pls help me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Is this a criminal court your pending or a civil court? What is the court (state or federal)

And what is the charge?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
civil court procedure 1.410,
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Rule 1.410 deals with this the issue in your case?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

yes and is civil court also can I contact the attorney on the sup with out any other legal advise. and explain what i did and why.


Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
NO, I would NOT do that.

The attorney that signed the subpoena is NOT your attorney. You would do best to retain your own attorney to assist you in this matter. But regardless, you should not seek advice from an opposing counsel.

If you need assistance with an attorney, you can start here

Or, if you are short of money, you may qualify for free legal advice, you can check that here

Please let me know if you have more questions and I will do my best to assist, otherwise, please accept so I may get credit for my work.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I thought that you would give me an ideal of what is to happen and tell me that I have to hired your attorneys as represent. i fill that by say on the website free service and had to PAY 15 DOLLARS FOR THIS ANSWER. IS A WAY TO TAKE MONEY FROM PEOPLE IN NEED. i WILL CONTACT THE FL BAR ABOUT THIS. i HAVE THE COPIES. ALL I WANTED WAS AN IDEAL AS TO WHAT I'M FACING. THIS HAS NOT HELP ME ON ANYTHING. AND I PAID 15.00 FOR SOMETHING THAT I COULD HAD JUST CONTACT THE FL BAR OF ATTY'S.


Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
Actually you have not paid since you have not accepted. If you are not satisfied with an answer you can request more info or you can request a refund. You are NEVER required to pay for an answer you are not happy with on Just Answer.

As for what you are facing, if you let me know know the cause of action, I may be able to assist, the only info you provided was subpoena information...what is the suit for?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

MY QUESTION WAS WHAT TYPE OF CHARGES IM FACING FOR WORKING WITH a ss# XXXXX is not my own. it was my sister in laws #. i did not use my own because when i was interviwing with emplyoyer i Explain the reason why I was not working. due to my medical condition, mulp. scleriosis. parkinson, seizures, forgetfullness, and severe depression. and i wanted to work. so know when I used my sister laws ss#, she has

a wkc case and they aretaken me to court for using her ss# XXXXX out her permission.

at that time i was hired but did not say anything about my medical conditions, but when

the employer realized that I had some memory problem I was told and had to leave the job. what are my chages.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
What did the subpoena say about the nature of the case?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
they just said to show up for a deposition, and dedpend. on the I would face the judge for using illegal ss#. that was not my own.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.

Well, I would recommend you seek legal counsel.

If you are being deposed in a civil action for this, that same deposition can be used in a criminal case against you.

It is illegal to use another persons SS#. The charge would be identity theft. If you admit to this in a deposition, that admission can be used against you in a criminal trial. For that reason, you need a lawyer.

P. Simmons and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you