How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wallstreetesq Your Own Question
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
wallstreetesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son has a court appointed att. he cant afford a Reg. Att.

Resolved Question:

my son has a court appointed att. he can't afford a Reg. Att. For drug possesion and cultivation. 1st offense ever, no records. does he need to find an attorney to help with this case or what will the court appointed att do for him? And is there a low cost Atts that will help with this case. PLEASE HELP.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 8 years ago.
Most court appointed attorneys are very experienced and quite good. I would suggest you speak to him before the appearance to see if he makes you feel comfortable and ask him what offer is their for your son, and what type of case this is. If you still do not like him and this is a serious case, try the local law schools, many of them have law clinics which can help you also the local bar association.

Before you hire an attorney make sure this case cannot be plead out on the next few court dates, to something you can live with
wallstreetesq and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you