How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq. Your Own Question
JPEsq., Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Experience as Criminal Defense Attorney and criminal law professor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JPEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A girl living in the area called the police saying I stole

Customer Question

A girl living in the area called the police saying I stole her purse. The police came into my friends house without a search warrant came up to where I was sleeping and started yelling at me. I had been drinking and I told them the wrong name, once I woke up and realized what was happening I told them the correct name and they told me that if i didn't let them search my car they were going to take me to jail. They searched my car and found nothing, they came in and told me to get up I was being arrested. I asked if I could put my pants on they said I should have thought about that before I lied about my name. I am male and was lying in bed with another male they called us gay, etc. they took me out in my underwear in public to jail, when i got in the car i cursed. i was charged with giving officer false name and disorderly conduct 2nd degree. im a nurse the girl found the purse had a continuous job since 16 no priors, and am on drug testing home incarceration 5000 cash bond,
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 8 years ago.

What is your question?


Do you want to know how to handle your pending charges? or if there is anything you can do about the police?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do I have a chance with approaching action against police, or what do u recommend about the situation
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 8 years ago.



well first I would address the pending charges... I would hire a lawyer, because based on what you have said you will have a very solid argument for supression of evidence (no warrant, no extenuating circumstances).


You can definately find a different lawyer to do this.


You should then file police report against your accuser for false informing. You could also file a civil defamation lawsuit.


As for the bigoted comments by teh police officers, I would first file a complaint with the police department. See where that gets you/