How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28052
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my sister who lives in fl stole money from me in 1989. she

Customer Question

my sister who lives in fl stole money from me in 1989. she wrote me a promissory note for the balance she still owed. $7000. she refused to pay me. what legal recourse do i have if any to recoup my loss?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.
You can certainly file a civil claim and sue her for the outstanding balance of $7000. The promissory note that you have, is enough evidence to enforce the agreement ,that she is going to repay you. Failing to repay you the required amount, would be a breach and the appropriate remedy would be to file suit and have the court enforce the promissory note.
CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you