How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

some one has made a false claim of attempting to force oral

Resolved Question:

some one has made a false claim of attempting to force oral sex on them when they were 4 and I was 14. This would have been roughly 23 years ago. They have not brought this to court as of yet what are my options in the state of oklahoma?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.


Thank you for your information. I am happy to assist you.

You appear able to bring a civil action for harassment and defamation against her.

Defamation generally consists of: (1) a false statement of fact about another; (2) an unprivileged publication of that statement to a third party; (3) some degree of fault, depending on the type of case; and (4) some harm or damage.

Libel is defamation by the printed word and slander is defamation by the spoken word.

I suggest that you retain competent local counsel.
Ellen and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you