How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wallstreetesq Your Own Question
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
wallstreetesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 3 year unsupervised probation that expires in July.

Customer Question

I have a 3 year unsupervised probation that expires in July. I'm trying to enlist in the Navy and I must not be under probation to do so. Is it possible to request a hearing and get my probation ended early to allow my enlistment in the Navy? If so, how do I go about doing it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 8 years ago.
Most likely, my office filed these motions in NY, you have to contact a lawyer in CA, and advise him to file an Order to Show Cause or emergency petition to end your probation due to the job. Also contact the probation office or probation officer and request them to file the petition on your behalf. If not file the petition by yourself you will have to serve probation, do it ASAP the judges will almost allways grant it.
wallstreetesq and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
If I drive to the Court (I live far away) and file the petition myself at the Court House, is it possible for me to see a judge on the same day or do I need to schedule a hearing for a later date? Unfortunately I do not recall who my attorney was (it has been over 3 years) and my DUI paperwork is in storage in a different state so I don't know who my probation officer is as it is an unsupervised probation.
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 8 years ago.
it is possible, go to the clerks office and request paperwork on your case also see probation or call them