How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was plead a gross misd. in 2003 that resulted in a peditory

Resolved Question:

I was plead a gross misd. in 2003 that resulted in a peditory offender registration until 2013. I am not a level 3 offender, as far as I've been told, I'm not even a level 1. My question is regarding travel. I am planning a wedding and a honeymoon in Mexico or the Carribian and was wondering if I can obtain a passport that is needed to fly back into the country. Any advice?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



are you on probation or parole - because that is going to restrict your movements. additionally, getting a passport is going to be tough as a sexual offender - you can get the passport, if not on probation or parole - but the US will notify those countries of your impending ventures - those countries can preclude your entrance



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not on probation or parole. So that means I can get the passport, correct? I served 20 days in county and 2 yrs prbation. My registration ends in 2013. Is there any way to know in advance if the country will not allow my ventures? That way I can plan my honeymoon more effectively. Are there any countries that you've noticed are more receptive?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



no. there is really no way to tell - you can check the embassy website and see what it says about admittance. and, yes - you will need to disclose your record on the passport application. but if no parole or probation, then you should be granted one. as to leaving the state - as long as you do not take a permanent residence - then you should not need to register in those states. but you will want to check the website of the sheriff's office in each county you plan on visiting to make sure they do not required notice of your arrival - they might. if you violate thier specific laws, then you can be charged - each state is different


good luck



Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you