How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4500
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how to file for early termanation of federal supervised re

Customer Question

how to file for early termanation of federal supervised release
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 years ago.



Basically just file a request with the judge who put you on supervised release to amend the supervised release to time already served. Explain to the judge why you feel you should be granted early termination. Just be aware if you were sentenced to supervised release for a crime that has a mandatory minimum of five years, you can't get early termination. But if five years was the time the judge came up with, then you can try.