How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J D Haas Your Own Question
J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2998
Experience:  23 years as a trial lawyer with experience in criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
J D Haas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am attempting to keep a contract i hold with a Government

Resolved Question:

I am attempting to keep a contract i hold with a Government agency. My billing method provides them the opportunity to add a percentage-based fee to their client to recover administrative costs, but they seem to want a "commission" from the proceeds of the sale of products to their clients instead. I have always avoided this method as it seems like a kick back. What is the legal answer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J D Haas replied 8 years ago.
I agree with you. This sounds like an illegal request. If you negotiate with them and they are firm on this, then ask them for a written copy of their request, a letter from their counsel that this is legal, and a copy of the statute that allows this payment. If they can comply with all of this then it seems ok. Good luck.

I hope that I have helped you and answered all of your questions. If
I have not answered all of your questions, please ask more questions as I
am happy to answer all of your questions.

If you would like to direct a question specifically to me, please ask
for me in the body of the question and I will receive your question.
I would really appreciate that opportunity.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice,
it is merely information. For a specific answer to your unique
facts you need to contact a lawyer in your area because I do not have
access to all of the information and evidence that you can show to a
local lawyer. The only way that I am legally responsible for your
legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with
my law firm.
J D Haas and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you