How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wallstreetesq Your Own Question
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
wallstreetesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

defense for michigan criminal misdemeanor larceny for Allegedly

Customer Question

defense for michigan criminal misdemeanor larceny for Allegedly getting for work that was not performed. michigan judicial district court. case. work was performed by my company, the criminal misdemeanor case was filed aganist me. I have an affadavit from the consultant that performed the work. I have a signed contract for the work that was performed. "the case is in criminal court"
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 8 years ago.
Dear eceinic

A case like this requires you to litigate this matter I assume you had a corp and can prove work was performed by employees and yourself, in criminal cases remember they have the burden of proof and have to provide evidence, if you do not want a lawyer make sure you ask for discovery to see what evidence they have against you and then decide if you want to take an offer
wallstreetesq and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

discovery is complete.

they have a copy of the check that was cashed

a complaint with a statement from the police office that investigated the case. the statement was sumitted by the property owners's property management company. The complaint was filed by the home owner.

Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 8 years ago.
If you do not have witnesses to testify work was done or receipts of products purchased you may want to consider taking the plea, as long as it is not a jail or felony case it should not be to punitive, however consider applying for legal aid or go to a local law school for free aid
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I stated in the first question that I have an affadivat from my consultant that the work was done. He will also testify. there were no products purchased.
Expert:  wallstreetesq replied 8 years ago.
Are you comfortable doing a direct examination on this person?

Your biggest problem will be.objecting to evidence being brought in and cross examination of their witnesses