How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4500
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible to get a pardon or clemency in the state of

This answer was rated:

Is it possible to get a pardon or clemency in the state of Ohio for some drug charges that almost 10 yrs ago, and if so, would my records be sealed

If that was your only offense, you might be eligible for a set aside, which is easier to get than a pardon. Just call the criminal clerk's office and request a set aside (or expungement) application.


If it was not your only offense or the set aside was denied, you can apply for a pardon. Here is the link to information and application:


Hope this helps.

Hammer O'Justice and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I thank you so much, this is a sight that I just pulled up the application not long ago, it's good to know that Iam on the right track. Im not sure if it's one or two felonies, one occured in 1993, recieved probation, got another one in 1999. but if you looked at my summary, it looks like they threw out the first one and reinstated my probation in 1999.
In that case I'm not sure if you would be eligible for the set aside (but it is worth a try), but you can definitely apply for the pardon (no guarantees that you will get it though--they are somewhat hard to come by). Good luck!