legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney for 7 years
4622441

CAN I FLY WITHIN THE US WITH A FELONY WARRANT?

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.
you can but if you fly into a state that is trying to serve the warrant you can be arrested when you are there.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I AM FLYING TO OHIO FROM FL, THE WARRANT IS FROM FL. DO THEY HAVE A WAY TO PICK IT UP AT THE AIRPORT OR DO I HAVE TO BE STOP BY LAW ENFORCEMENT?
No,the airline will not check if you have warrants when they sell the ticket or when you check in at the airport. But authorities may be monitoring tickets sold out of the state and if they see your name they may arrest you at the airport if you are in violation. But it really depends on how bad they want to serve your warrant and what you did to have the warrant issued in the first place.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ITS A BAD CHECK VIOLATION OF PROBATION WARRANT?
If you were on probation and you were charged AND convicted of passing a bad check it is usually a violation of probation to be convicted of another crime so then a warrant for your arrest can be issued if you do not take care of the violation with the probation office.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Im sorry, i meant do you think they will be looking for someone with a crime like mine. meaning non violent, and not major?

No they are ususally concentrating on terrorists, murderer's, and sex offenders to keep them from fleeing the jurisdiction.