How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CALawyer Your Own Question
CALawyer, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1655
Experience:  Attorney at Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CALawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The marriage date on my divorce papers are incorrect. However

Resolved Question:

The marriage date on my divorce papers are incorrect. However the divorce already has been documented in court for the past 3 years. My ex wife wants the document amended due to the wrong date of marriage. What should I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CALawyer replied 8 years ago.
If its a big concern and wouldn't effect anything, you two could stipulate to amend the divorce judgment.

The Court would likely sign a stipulation and order, if you both agreed to it and signed it. There might be a filing fee for this, but if there is no dispute, then the procedure would be pretty straightforward.

If this information was helpful, please click
ACCEPT to give me credit for answering. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated if deserved. If you have any related follow up questions or need clarification, just ask!
CALawyer and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you