How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116780
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is an over the road truck driver, he was issues

Customer Question

My husband is an over the road truck driver, he was issues a summons to appear in court in Guernsey County Ohio on a criminal charge for a gross overload charge. I am wondering if we need a lawyer and what is the penalty for this offense? As we are a one income family money is a hugh issue. Also the court date is tomorrow 2/3/09. Can anyone help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The problem here is waiting so long to try to find an attorney and it is unlikely that you will find one at this late date. This site can merely provide information and we are not allowed to make contact with clients outside of this site, so to assist you, the best I can do is tell you to go to the same site used by other attorneys: and start calling attorneys. If this is a simple matter, which it should be, an attorney can handle it for less than $1000 (generally in the neighborhood of $300-$500). But you need to move on this today. Also, you can call the clerk of the court where he was scheduled to appear, and call today, and explain he is out of town as a truck driver and seek to get the date rescheduled to give you some more time to get him an attorney.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Related Criminal Law Questions