How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RBinJax Your Own Question
RBinJax, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 731
Experience:  I am a former Public Defender, and have handled criminal cases for 25 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
RBinJax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Im being charged with a High Court Misdameiner and I have

Customer Question

Hi I'm being charged with a High Court Misdameiner and I have a preliminary exam. I have a court appointed attorney already.I was wondering because my actions that got me to this point was an accident and i do have proof can it be thrown out of court.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RBinJax replied 8 years ago.
Dear Jeremy,

I have known this to happen before, and I would have though that they would have allowed you to make restitution for the checks and be done with it. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything but guess as tot he reasons they did not. You have an attorney to represent you and it is important that you listen carefully to your attorney's advice and counsel, as he/she is the expert most familiar with your situation and the facts of your case. At the same time, it is very important that the attorney listens to you and your wishes and concerns, because you are the client, and the attorney is your respresentative. Make an appointment to speak in person with the attorney to go over your concerns, including why the attorney wants to go to trial, and all of the options available to you, and the potential consequences of each.
As to your exam, that may be a problem and if you are to be in court, you need to be in court. Go speak to the professor and explain that you have to be in court or be held in contempt. If need be, get a letter from the lawyer explaining this without mentioning why you have to be in court that you can show the professor and ask to take the exam at a different time.
I hope that this information is useful to you, and ask that you click the "Accept" button so that I may be credited for my assistance. Should you have follow-up questions, please contact me. Thank you and good luck.