How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4498
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

texas penal code chapter 32.47(fraud destroy removeval concealment

This answer was rated:

texas penal code chapter 32.47(fraud destroy removeval concealment writting)-Hi JD , i have asked you about this yesterday but forgot to ask whether a deferred adjudication for probation affect my wife because her visa is expired after the trial date. what other option will the prosecutor sentenced? can it be a fine , will my wife be deported straight after trial or to complete community service for her few days left in texas? My attorney said he can fixed it for $500 what does he means?Thanks.

Her attorney might be able to work something out where her probation is either unsupervised or that it is a day long, so that her leaving the country without being able to report would affect that. The prosecution can seek a fine, community service, a suspended sentence (probation but she'd have a record), or jail time (not likely on a first offense). If her attorney is creative enough and the prosecutor is somewhat flexible, they can try to work around her immigration issues.

I don't know what the attorney means by "fixed" for $500. I'm guessing he is confident he can resolve the case easily with the prosecutor due to the fact that the charge is petty and she has no record so he is charging a relatively small flat fee, but I would ask him specifically what he is going to be doing for you for the money before you pay him, ie what exactly he means by "fixed."
Hammer O'Justice and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions