How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116835
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i failed to report 1 mo and i am discharging on 2-11-2009

Customer Question

if i failed to report 1 mo and i am discharging on 2-11-2009 and i have not picked up any charges since 12 -27-1996 the po i have was also my sons po and she did him wron so when i went to the district office to complain about her she was found wrong in the matter and my son was released asap . she was not happy with that so she personnally told me i would suffer. she has not told the truth on many occassions and she tells me no one will listen because i am a dope head. she sent me to isf back to back and i proved she was in the wrong but the represenative for the parole board of revocation hearings is also a good friend of hers. in january 3 2007 ms hill the or her supervisor said that we were having a meeting to find out what was going on between me and my po and ms hill said she would be there and she was not instead i was falsley accussed of falsefyin the aa signatures. and the aa members suggested i tell her to call them for their #s were on the sheet and she answered back that sh
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, the PO's have this type of power and you need to keep your proof and records to show that you are doing what is proper. As a criminal defendant you have a right to a free attorney, so you need to begin by going to see the public defender for some assistance. I would suggest that, since the PO does have to sign off on your completion of probation, you not do anything to ruffle her feathers for now and go see the public defender for assistance in getting your probation/parole signed off on come 2/11/09.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not satisfied with your responce as you advertise on your ad if i am not satisfied i do not have to pay you. for your ad states"if i am satisfied" then i will pay you the 13.00 but :1. I am not on probation 2. I am under the old law 3. In tx those on parole do not go infront of the judge unless one has picked up a new charge.

Edited by Customer on 2/5/2009 at 4:51 AM
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
1) you said you were discharging from parole/probation on 2/11/2009, thus you are on something, call it what you will.

2) If you did not report in 1 month, the PO has a right to submit a probation violation and seek to have you arrested on it and if they do so, then you do go in front of a judge or the parole board to determine if your probation/parole will be revoked because of the violation. The PO does not have the absolute power to just revoke your probation/parole without you having a right to due process in the form of a hearing to explain why you should not have your probation/parole violated.