How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MStrisik Your Own Question
MStrisik, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Former litigator; current in-house practitioner.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
MStrisik is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

State - Florida - Martin County Brother was arrested on 12/31/08

Resolved Question:

State - Florida - Martin County Brother was arrested on 12/31/08 on his 4th DUI and he also drove through the gate and a gated community - he stopped and then left the scene which was all documented by the security guard. He was pulled over by the police and charged with DUI and leaving the scene of an accident. Bonded out next day. I know his license is revoked (as it should be) and he can be finded up to $5,000 and/or 5 years in prison. We've been down this road many times before and have spend thousands of dollars on lawyers. What could a lawyer possibly to to help him in this mess? Reduce prison time?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  MStrisik replied 8 years ago.

Dear EMT,


A lawyer with good relationships at the District Attorney's office can help negotiate the best deal for your brother. As you mentioned, this could be reducing time spent in jail. DUIs are becoming more and more severe every year. Violation number 4 is a very big deal. One thing your brother can do to help is sentence is begin a self-help program immediately. AA meetings happen 24-hours a day every day. He should go to as many meetings as possible (that is, if he is interested) and have a slip signed each time he goes. Anything he can do to get a jump start on retribution will help.


Can I help you further?

M. Strisik, Esq.

MStrisik and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions