Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Four yrs.ago my daughter was arrested while she was with someone

Four yrs.ago my daughter was arrested while she was with someone else in a rent car, she bonded out and hired a lawyer that costed her $3500. She was never indicted or any charges came up. Everything seems to be cleared without using the lawyer,is she entitled to any fees or part of the $3500 back?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

You will need to take a look at the retainer agreement. Some criminal retainer agreements are a flat rate regardless of whether a person is indicted. This is because some criminal lawyers do their best work prior to indictment and thus prevent the person from ever being indicted.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE