How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4498
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

a gave money to a person who promised to build my business

Customer Question

a gave money to a person who promised to build my business to the same level that his business was built to HE gave me a contract putting his business up as collateral. He is in breach of contract He also took money from 10 other people promising the same thing , Im the only one with a contract The federal trade commision shut down his previous buisness for the same reason He used the money for his own personal use. How do I persue getting his business and filling criminal charges
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 years ago.
<p>Hello.</p><p> </p><p>These types of cases are generally more suited to civil court than criminal court. You should speak with a civil practice lawyer about bringing a lawsuit against him (most will do an initial consultation for free).</p><p> </p><p>If you are interested in trying to press criminal charges anyway, you should contact the district attorney's office in your county to find out what information they need and what you can do to facilitate a criminal case. It would help before you speak with them to have copies of whatever paperwork was involved and anything else you have relating to the agreement.</p><p><br />Good luck.</p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
need to ask a civil practice attorney this question