How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34516
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is a bench warrant for our son, age 24, for ignoring

Resolved Question:

There is a bench warrant for our son, age 24, for ignoring a court date for a drunk and disorderly conduct charge in Centreville, MD. He wishes to return to Centreville and clear up this matter. We would like to know what will likely happen when he returns to the Centreville police station and to court. Should he have legal representation? He presently lives and works in Lexington Kentucky and wants to clear his record by taking care of this matter.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
He should show up during the week, ideally on a Monday or Tuesday, so that when he is arrested he can make bond the same or next day.

He should make arrangements to post bond. It may be that the judge will allow him released on his own recognizance, but it is better to be prepared.

He should seek local counsel (a MD attorney) that can assist with this case. Again, it would be best if he can arrange this prior to turning himself in.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the green accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.    
P. Simmons and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you