How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4500
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my names Bill My son was convicted twice for two dui s that

Resolved Question:

my names Bill   My son was convicted twice for two dui s that happen with in 2 weeks of each other, when he was 17 . we didnt think he got convicted of 2 we though the judge ran them both as one . around last march he got pulled over again.he is now 26 he was 25 at the time of his arrest.He has never done any thing bad , or violant,except this last dui he had a breath reading of over.16 highest level in PA. all though the law states that only violant crimes can stay on record from juvenile to adult our attorney says our son whos never been in jail is now looking at a manedotory 1 year up state,that this is going to be counted as his third dui.I tried to get a transcript of his court trial when to see what the judge ordered when he was 17, but our attorney said thats useless the judge is dead and nothing can be done about them old charges. can you tell me what is the law in Pa reguarding juvenile charges staying on a persons record for the rest of there life. THANK YOU BILL
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 years ago.

Generally, juvenile records are sealed upon a person reaching 18, and juvenile records are not able to be used against individuals as adults. However, traffic cases are trickier because a person's driving record goes all the way back to when they are 16, so I imagine that the Commonwealth is going to try to use that to prove his subsequent offender status. I still feel like the attorney should make the argument that your son should not be treated as a 3 time offender because of the fact that juvenile records are not supposed to carry on past one's 18th birthday. If that attorney refuses, you might want to consult with another criminal attorney to possibly find one that will.
Hammer O'Justice and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you