How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my boyfriend is in jail. he is 50 yrs I am 44. I am saying

Resolved Question:

my boyfriend is in jail. he is 50 yrs I am 44. I am saying our ages because I am not a kid and I need answers. He went to jail on an old charge and I found out that he either broke probation rules or did not meet the requirements of the court. He has said to me not to worry about it. He will straighten it all out and that the charge is false. He is paying for something he didn't do. How can I find out what he is really back in jail for and why is his bail set so high?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



you can go to the clerk of the court in the county where his charges stem from and ask to see the docket entries. the clerk can run those entries with his full name - you will want to make sure the middle initial and date of birth are the same because sometimes folks share a same first and last name - so a middle initial and/or birth date can help make sure it is the correct defendant



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Will I be able to understand the dockets? Is it in layman terms? Thank you for your help...
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



you should - it would be simple reading


charges will be listed and then it will show what Motions have been filed and if an attorney has entered an appearance


so it might say - something like "petty theft" or "CDS possession"


you will be able to understand it



Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you