How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118723
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is blocking a driveway against the california penal code

Customer Question

We have a comman driveway for three houses. As you enter the driveway there is a house on the left with a drive way to their garage this is the same for the house on the right. Our house is in the back of the comman driveway. The neighbors park in a manner that makes it very difficult to back down our driveway. One neighbor parks three cars down to the entrance of the driveway. They never park on the street which is legal and this makes it very difficult to back out of our driveway. My husband drives a large bucket truck and on a regular basis has difficulty backing out of the driveway.

I have asked the neighbors several times not to park their cars like this explaining the difficulties and the continue to park this way and more. At times they park 2 lines of cars going down the driveway.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The law does not cover parking on private property, only on the street. If this is a common driveway, then you would have to consider bringing suit against the neighbor on a property dispute since they are interferring with your use/enjoyment of the property in question and seeking a restraining order prohibiting them from preventing your usage of the driveway pursuant to your deed/title/lease agreement.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you very much - I was not sure whether to file a restaining order or through the police.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
If this is on a common drive that is private property, the restraining order is the method, but you have to file a property dispute lawsuit as well claiming interference with your use/enjoyment of your share of the property.