How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34342
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A little over a month ago my next door neighbor forced himself

This answer was rated:

A little over a month ago my next door neighbor forced himself into our home and began shouting obsenities and threats in front of my three small children. When he entered the home he pushed my 7 year old son out of the way, put a hole in the wall with a door and stood in my living room shouting. He was charged with criminal tresspass and criminal mischeif and arrested. He is now angry and wants to counter file criminal terroristic threat charges against us saying we threated to kill him. This isn't true. My husband did treated to "beat him down" if he ever came in our home again or hurt me or our children. (we have witnesses) The police say not to worry about the charges, but that he could get charged with retaliation as he admitted he only wanted to file because we did. Can this fit the criteria for felony retaliation? We are worried about our family and don't want to live in terror of him any more.
Thanks for the chance to assist and sorry for your dilemma

I agree with the police, his charges are unfounded and I do not suspect that the DA will prosecute. If this is the case, you have no worries. If he is filing false reports, its possible that the prosecutor could add additional charges.

As for this guy, again I agree with law enforcement. Stay clear of this guy. You may even want to ask the police about the possibility of a restraining make sure he stays away from your family.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the green accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

P. Simmons and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions