How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117458
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife received a speeding ticket in Caroline County, Va.

Resolved Question:

My wife received a speeding ticket in Caroline County, Va. The ticket was for 25 miles an hour over the speed limit. Speed limit dropped from 55 to 40 and she was going 65. Her driving record reflects one failure to stop at a crosswalk last year. She is going to court on December 17th. She she obtain legal representation? What else can she do to reduce the number of points/fine she will receive for this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
If she chooses to fight the ticket or wants to try to get the ticket reduced, then it is best to obtain legal representation from an attorney who is familiar with that particular court, since those attorneys are familiar with the judges and commonwealth prosecutors in that court and would most likely be able to get the best deal. If she has not attended the driver improvement course in the past 3 years, she can ask the court for an approval to take that course and get the fine reduced and/or number of points on her license reduced or even eliminated, but she should seek court approval of the course first, since taking it before court approval only gets her 5 good driving points.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions