How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask johngibson15219 Your Own Question
johngibson15219, DUI Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 159
Experience:  Admitted to Pennsylvania Bar October 1980.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
johngibson15219 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my legal recourse options for stopping a neighbor

Customer Question

What are my legal recourse options for stopping a neighbor I have never even met from vandalizing my apartment door every night around midnight? The acts are loud and threatening in nature, and have badly frightened my wife, while I myself feel any personal retaliation will infringe my own legal innocence. So far I have done nothing. What can I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  johngibson15219 replied 8 years ago.
1. Call the police.
2. Knock on his door and ask him if he has some kind of a problem and if you can help him resolve It.
3. Get a radio put on a Bible Thumping Hell Fire Preacher at top volume take your shirt off and sit on your front porch cleaning all of your firearms while singing the Pakistani National Anthemn at the top of your lungs for an hour or so.
johngibson15219 and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Would any physical retaliation done on my own part toward the resolution of the matter make me just as liable, if not moreso?


If I can get video or pictoral evidence, are there legal options for prosecuting for domestic harassment or property violence?

Expert:  johngibson15219 replied 8 years ago.
I apologize for being a little glib with my response. I know that these are serious matters and I have over reacted myself in a couple of similar situations. Seriously, you want to call the police. If you can get video or photographs, you should show them to the police and explain your situation and why you have to get this resolved before you ship out. It may not be wise to directly confront this guy because you might lose your temper.