How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 42156
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a girl is 15 and she is having sex with an 18 year old with

Resolved Question:

If a girl is 15 and she is having sex with an 18 year old with her mother's consent, will the 18 year old be held for statutory rape?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. This is called statutory sexual assault here. Nobody can consent here the mother or the victim. It is a crime of age and action here. The 18 year old would be charged no matter who consents here.

The 18 year old woudl be looking at lifetime registration as a sex offender and possible jail time and fine in this matter. It is a felony and he is an adult. This is a serious crime with potential for great harm to the 18 year old . The 18 year old needs to walk away here or it will end badly for him...


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you