How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My twenty year old son is being harrased by his father, hes

This answer was rated:

My twenty year old son is being harrased by his father, he's sending him text messages insulting him, just because we have a pending lawsuit for child support in another country, and the child support of $150 a month piled up to sum 8K, which he doesn't want to pay. This man became an american citizen several years ago. Can we build a case against him, considering that this messages are living painful psicologycal scars to my son?



first, he should go to the clerk of the court and file a petition for a restraining order for the harassment - save the text messages, of course - if that is issued then contact he has with your son would be a contempt of court and he could be arrested


as to the case of the text messages due to the child support - you can consult with a local attorney about a possible lawsuit for your son's pain and suffering due to his father's remarks - yes, it is possible. you just need to find a lawyer willing to take the matter - which is going to depend greatly on whether a judgement is obtainable - meaning a lawyer is not going to sue someone who does not have money to pay any judgement ordered



Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I really appreciate your promt response, this is probably going to be a bit more complicated considering that this person has his assets overseas, however he does have a lot of money and perhaps that is the most annoying part in this story. We'll proceed as recommended and hopefully we can give him a good lesson.



you should have a good lawyer assisting in collecting that arreargage - you also can contact your local Child Support Enforcement Agency who will assist in collections - they can attach wages, bank accounts, inheritances, etc