How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I obtained a judgement on 7/31/91, case #XXXXX in, I

Customer Question

I obtained a judgement on 7/31/91, case #XXXXX in, I think in Melbourne, FL. Albert Lagano is my lawyer, but his phone number has been disconnected. Do you know how I can reach him? Do you know when my judgement will expire? Do you know of a lawyer that could help me, because Albert Lagano has had my case for over 20 years and has not been able to help me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
This is the only current information I could find on your attorney:

As far as the judgment, under FL law 55.081 Statute of limitations, lien of judgment.--Subject to the provisions of s. 55.10, no judgment, order, or decree of any court shall be a lien upon real or personal property within the state after the expiration of 20 years from the date of the entry of such judgment, order, or decree.

I suggest that if you cannot contact your attorney you first call the FL Bar and ask for their help in locating him and then possibly contact a new attorney to assist you in collecting or to make sure the judgment gets renewed if you cannot collect.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do you know of an attorney that would take my case and just take a portion of money that they collect?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
I do not know anyone in that area but the best place to find one is at and most every attorney I know would only charge a portion of what they collect.