Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I GOT ARRESTED FOR GRAND THEFT THIRD DEGREE FELONY IN MIAMI

Customer Question

I GOT ARRESTED FOR GRAND THEFT THIRD DEGREE FELONY IN MIAMI AT THE MALL.. THE TOTAL WAS 850$.. I DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING AND THIS IS MY FIRST OFFENSE.. I WENT TO JAIL FOR A NIGHT AND POSTED BOND.. IM AFRAID.. DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE DROPPED OR LESSENED IF I HIRE A GOOD LAWYER.. IM A WELL TO DO BUISNESS MAN .. JUST MADE A BAD MISTAKE..IM SO SCARED NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS BEFORE.. DEFINATELY LEARNED MY LESSON.. CONTY JAIL WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.. PLEASE HELP EASE MY MIND.. I HIRED A GREAT CRIMINAL LAWYER ALREADY.. JUST WANTED YOUR OPINION.. I AM GRATEFUL .. CHRIS 31 YEARS OLD MIAMI FLORIDA :-)
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
Yes, there is a very god chance the charge could be lessened if you hire a good lawyer. In addition, the lawyer may be able to get the charge pled down to a pretrial diversion or a deferred adjudication which would mean when you complete probation you would not have a conviction on your record.

While it is a felony, no prior convictions mean it is very unlikely they are going to pursue jail time against you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.