How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Len Your Own Question
Len, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 444
Experience:  15 years practice in criminal and employment law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Len is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can I get off probation early. I have about 24 more months

Resolved Question:

how can I get off probation early. I have about 24 more months leave. And need to write the judge. I'm on probation for color of law . Also need a sample letter to requet the judge for early termitnation.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Len replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

1. What do you mean by "color of law"? What is the conviction for?

2. How long have you been on probation?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
while a police officer in the District of Columbai I struck a person that was in handcuffs. And I was force to resign and was charged with Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law 18 U.S.C.* 242 (misdemeaor) and was under house arrest for 7 months and given 60 months probation . So far I done 25 months on probation with No run in with the law. I just need someone that can help so that I can get off probation and get a better Job.
Expert:  Len replied 8 years ago.
OK, now I understand the charge. Makes sense being D.C.

I have found the specific statute which is: 18 U.S.C. § 3564(c)

You can find it here:

And this is an example:

Now, from a practical standpoint, this isn't going to happen unless the PO is onboard. There two ways to make that happen; (1) get the PO excited about supporting such a termination, (not likely to happen, especially if you don't cause problems, a numbers game), and (2) get a lawyer on this who will take action and get the PO to approve it. If the PO doesn't have to do much work, you're chances go way up.

You can try to get some help by contacting the local law schools and requesting help from their legal clinics. They can also provide contact info for Legal Aid groups in D.C. You should only try this on your own if it becomes impossible to locate legal assistance.

Good Luck with this.

Len and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the change is Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law {18 U.S.C.8*242