Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My question is in regards to my sentencing of alternative…

Customer Question
My question is in regards...
My question is in regards ***** ***** sentencing of alternative sanctions I would like to know if there is any way of modifying it from work release to home monitoring I have a infant that is 3 months old and a daughter that is seven I am their only care giver i have been sentenced to six months work release which means that i can work but the rest of the time i am housed in their work release facility I have no one to care for my children for 6 months
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/26/2008
Criminal Lawyer: Nate, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
Nate, Lawyer
Thank you for your question.

I see you have already consulted an attorney - court appointed or not, you are going to need one to petition the court to modify your sentence. You will need to show that you have been complying with your work release requirements, and the nature of your home situation. This will have to be done in a hearing before the judge.

I hope this helps. Be sure to click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for this answer. As always, if you have additional questions after clicking ACCEPT, I will be happy to follow up with you.

Thanks!
Nathan Moore